On Friday 23rd February 2018 we had the privilege of a visit from the Deputy Governor of the Bank of England. Sir David Ramsden gave a talk all...
NEWMARKET ACADEMY UNIFORM
Uniform can now be ordered online with either a delivery charge for shipping to a home/work address or a scheduled free to school delivery.
Please read the important information BELOW before accessing the web shop. To order uniform, please click the logo below to access our School Colours Direct webshop:
Students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 are expected to wear uniform as listed below:
Compulsory Academy Uniform
- Navy Blue Suit (Jacket & Trousers) Tie (Boys only)
- Pale blue Shirt (Boys), Blouse (Girls) C & D Schoolwear
- Socks MUST be black and free from decoration
- Black shoes (no canvas shoes, no coloured/metallic decoration, heels must be less than 1 inch)
- House Badge to be worn at all times (Initially free of charge and given by House Office. Replacements available from House Office costing £1.00)
Compulsory PE Uniform
- PE Polo Shirt, Sky Blue with embroidered Academy logo - C & D Schoolwear or Newmarket Sports
- PE Games Shirt (Boys) and PE Hoody (Girls) - C & D Schoolwear or Newmarket Sports
- PE Shorts, Navy plain (Boys & Girls) - C & D Schoolwear or Newmarket Sports
- PE Sports Socks, Navy plain - C & D Schoolwear or Newmarket Sports
- Short White Socks
- Football Boots (Boys & Girls)
- Trainers (with soles that do not mark – no plimsolls) are allowed for P.E. only
- Shin Pads
- Gum Shield (Available from Academy Finance Office priced at £1.50)
- Girls - One Piece Plain Navy or Black Swimming Costume. Boys – Plain Navy or Black Swim Short
- Navy School jumper with logo - C & D Schoolwear
- PE Skort - Navy plain (Girls) - C & D Schoolwear
- PE Jogging Bottoms - Navy plain - C & D Schoolwear
- PE Hoody (Boys) - C & D Schoolwear
- Dark plain outdoor coat
Order Blazers and Trousers online here..
To School deliveries
You can also choose to order online and ship to the School; this service is provided free of charge; it can take up to 2 weeks for your order to arrive at school.
Your uniform order can be collected during term time from the School Reception. Please note we are closed in the holidays but orders can be collected on September PD Days (Please see Academy website for details).
All delivery information is available on the Schools Colours Direct web shop; just click on the Delivery Information Tab.
We would advise you to try uniform sizes before you buy online. If you would like to try items of uniform on before purchasing, then please call into the school for a fitting. We have a sizing set available that you will be able to use to determine what size you require. Please contact reception to make an appointment on 01638 664412
There is information on the School Colours Direct web shop that will answer most queries. For enquires about your uniform order please go to ‘Contact Us’ on the web shop.
Remember to quote ‘school name’ along with the name on the order and order number.
2018: You will be notified when your uniform is ready for collection.
No collections in school holidays except September PD Days (Please see Academy website for details).
We advise that orders in the summer are sent to your home address.
Ordering for shirts, blouses and PE kit please click the link below:
All items of uniform and PE kit should be marked with the student’s name, preferably in indelible ink.
NEWMARKET ACADEMY RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Students should dress smartly at all times – Full and correct uniform must be worn. We will send home anyone in inappropriate clothing to change.
- Extreme hairstyles and colours are not permitted. Discreet make-up is permissible for girls and should be barely noticeable. Use of excessive make up and coloured nail varnish is unacceptable and persistent infringement will result in a detention.
- Proper school shoes must be worn – no trainers and no canvas shoes. A student in trainers or canvas shoes must go straight to their House office to change into plimsolls.
- Scarves and coats must not be worn inside the Academy
- When an item is confiscated we will return it to the student on the first confiscation at the end of the school day. The second time it is confiscated a parent must sign for it at Reception before it is returned. Further confiscations will result in sanctions such as a detention. This includes mobile phones.
Mobile Phones and MP3 Players
These items are brought into the Academy at the student’s own risk. The Academy takes no responsibility for their loss or damage.
Students are welcome to come to and from school with these devices, but as soon as they enter the school grounds they must be turned off and placed in the student's school bag out of sight, this includes break and lunchtime. If seen staff will follow the confiscation rule which is that the student will be asked to hand it to the member of staff who will then place it in a named envelope and hand it in at the main office. At the first confiscation the student will be able to collect it at the end of the day, consequent confiscations will require a parent or appropriate adult to collect the device and on the third and consecutive occasions a sanction will be given.
Jewellery & Belts
- The only acceptable jewellery is a single stud earring worn centrally in each ear and one small ring.
- No fashion belts.
( Any items, other than these, will be confiscated on sight.)
You must have your planner with you at all times. If you lose it you will be required to pay for a new one.
Take care of your timetable. If you lose it you will need to pay 10p for a replacement copy available from Reception during break time, lunchtime or before or after school only.
Leaving the Premises
Any student who needs to leave the premises during the Academy day must have a note from their parent/carer. This note must be shown to Reception when the student signs out.
Eating and Drinking
Food must be eaten in the Dining Hall, Main Hall (except during times of closure such as exam season) or outside. There is to be no eating in the classrooms or corridors at any time.
Smoking is not allowed anywhere on the Academy premises or grounds. Cigarettes, e-cigarettes, lighters and matches will be confiscated and destroyed.
Possession of illegal substances in Academy will result in permanent exclusion.
Students are not allowed out of bounds. The Leisure Centre is out of bounds to students unless accompanied by a member of staff.