Newmarket Academy welcomes parents from all year groups to our Open Evening. There will be an introductory talk by Mr Froy, our Principal, at 6....
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
1. The name of the school is Newmarket Academy
2. The academy is part of the Samuel Ward Multi Academy Trust
3. The name of the governing body is “The governing body of Newmarket Academy”
4. The governing body shall consist of:
* 1 Trust Governor
* 9 Co-opted Governors
* 2 Parent Governors
* 2 Staff Governors, one of which must be the Principal
5. Total number of governors will be 14
6. The term of office of all governors is four years.
7. This instrument of government comes into effect on 09.03.2017
8. This instrument was agreed by the governing body at the meeting on 09.03.2017
9. A copy of the instrument must be supplied to every member of the governing body.
Membership of the governing body as at 09.03.2017
Mr Paul Reed
Mr Michael Jefferys
Mr Myles Stacey
Mr William Gittus
Mr Robert Voss
Miss Sophie Gynn
Mr Andy Prestoe
Mr Darren Woodward
Mrs Marjorie Davis
Mr Nick Froy
Ms Amanda Clarke
Howard Lay – Executive Head
Mrs Claire Lawrence
Newmarket Academy Scrutiny Committee
Terms of Reference
The committee is made up the following governors:- Marjorie Davis, Darren Woodward, Mick Jeffereys, Paul Reed (Chair).
The Link governor of the SLT member will also attend the meeting.
The role of note-taker will rotate.
The committee will meet termly to scrutinise the most recent data available relating to the relevant SLT member’s areas of responsibility.
The key areas of focus will be:
- Analysis of progress data in all subject areas for all years (including all target groups –PP, EAL, CLA, SEND etc)
- Evaluation of interventions
- Learning and teaching in the subject areas (analysis of lesson observations and QA process)
- Progress of linked year group
The SLT member attending the scrutiny committee will supply a pack of data to the members of the scrutiny committee at least one week in advance of the meeting.
The meeting will last no more than one hour.
To contact a member of our Governing Body please email: email@example.com